Friday, February 24, 2012

Film Friday #1

Every Friday I will try to post one of these.
In these posts I'll put movies in the spotlight. But since this is a bookblog, these movies have to have something to do with books. The easiest way to do that, is by choosing movies that are based on books :)
The first movie I want to spotlight is The Golden Compass based on the The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman.

Here's a trailer:


What's it about:
It was no ordinary life for a young girl: living among scholars in the hallowed halls of Jordan College and tearing unsupervised through Oxford's motley streets on mad quests for adventure. But Lyra's greatest adventure would begin closer to home, the day she heard hushed talk of an extraordinary particle. Microscopic in size, the magical dust- discovered in the vast Arctic expanse of the North -was rumored to possess profound properties that could unite whole universes. But there were those who feared the particle and would stop at nothing to destroy it. Catapulted into the heart of a terrible struggle, Lyra was forced to seek aid from clans, 'gyptians, and formidable armored bears. And as she journeyed into unbelievable danger, she had not the faintest clue that she alone was destined to win, or to lose, this more-than-mortal battle... (IMDB)


What I thought about it:
I liked the movie and I would have loved the see the sequels too.
I was kind of disappointed that the movie ended with this great cliffhanger, ready to continue in a sequel and it never came.  It thought the effects used were great, the acting was amazing and the setting was just like I imagined it.
The books were amazing as well and are definitively a must read. If you haven't read them yet, visit your library :D
If you've seen the movie or have read the book, let me know what you think. And if you post your own Film Friday leave the link in the comments so I can check it out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment