Saturday, March 31, 2012

Film Friday #2


Every Friday I will try to post one of these.
In these posts I'll put movies in the spotlight. But since this is a bookblog, these movies have to have something to do with books. The easiest way to do that, is by choosing movies that are based on books :)
This weeks movie is: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.


Here's a trailer:




What's it about:
In a dystopian future, the totalitarian nation of Panem is divided between 12 districts and the Capitol. Each year two young representatives from each district are selected by lottery to participate in The Hunger Games. Part entertainment, part brutal retribution for a past rebellion, the televised games are broadcast throughout Panem. The 24 participants are forced to eliminate their competitors while the citizens of Panem are required to watch. When 16-year-old Katniss's young sister, Prim, is selected as District 12's female representative, Katniss volunteers to take her place. She and her male counterpart Peeta, are pitted against bigger, stronger representatives who have trained for this their whole lives(IMDB)


What I thought about it:
I've read the first 2 books and I loved them. I was a bit wary about seeing the movie because I thought it wouldn't do the book justice. Even though I didn't like the movie as much as the book, it was still great! Because I read the books before I watched the movie as was kind of annoyed with a few of the things that happened or were not clear enough. But I still recommend the movie, especially if you haven't read the book yet. You'll enjoy it either way and be waiting 'till the next movie comes out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment