Thursday, May 17, 2012

Review: Shadow Moon by Marilee Brothers

Title: Shadow Moon (Unbidden Magic #4)
Author: Marilee Brothers
Release date: November 11th 2011
Edition: ebook

Source: for review
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars


What it says on Goodreads:
Allie Emerson is hoping for a few quiet months to catch her breath after a summer that included the discovery she is not only a twin and of faery blood, but also destined to play a pivotal role in faery world. School has barely begun when Allie must kiss her hope of a normal year goodbye.

She can't escape her unfinished business with the fae, the Trimarks, or Junior Alvarez, who is making it clear he plans to win her back. Signs, portents and whispers are pushing Allie to "find the girl" before it's too late. Hoping her twin can help her solve the riddle of their destiny, Allie uncovers old secrets and begins a cross-country journey that puts her in more danger than ever before. If she succeeds, she may just find the answers that can save everyone she loves.

What I have to say about it:

So the fourth book in the series revolves mostly around Allie's journey to find her twin. There are a lot of the same characters and some new ones. Again the book has a lot of twists and turns. It a kind of unexpected but expected turn of events and the ending, but I liked it. It has a nice cliffhanger to it and it makes me want to read the next book so much more. There are some unexpected allies and some pretty bad bad guys. I liked every character (even the bad guys) accept the twin, she just didn't do it for me. I'm glad with the ways things went. I felt like this book wasn't as focused on the whole boyfriend part of the story and that's fine by me, I needed a break from that. I'm not saying there wasn't any relationship parts at all, it just wasn't as important as it was in the other books.
I think Marilee Brothers is an amazing author with an amazing amount of fantasy. The world she has created is amazing and still realistic. I hope to get my hands on book #5 very soon and it will be devoured with a lot of pleasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment